I know that by now you will be trying to figure out what K.I.T. means. Let me save you the stress. K.I.T. is an acronym for “Keeping It Together.” In this series, I will be writing about how you can live a balanced life. How you can keep your physical life (appearance and health), your spiritual life, your academics, your financial life and your social life together. I’m tired of seeing girls live an unbalanced life. I’m tired of seeing girls with pretty faces on empty heads or girls that are academically sound without knowing any other thing apart from their books and that is why I’m writing on K.I.T. I believe you will learn a lot from this series that is why I want you to please follow this series and tell your girlfriends about it.
K.I.T-your physical life(appearance):
Have you ever felt like being a girl is stressful most especially when you think about dressing or something that affects your appearance like combining colours together. Your appearance really matters because that is what everybody sees at first before getting to really meet the real you. That is why you don’t want to get it wrong even as at that you don’t need to fret. I’m here to help you. Here are tips that will help you have a good lasting impression on everybody you meet.
1. Clean up: I remember one of my female family friends once told me when I was thirteen that girls clean up. Little things makes a lot of difference. Learn to follow rules of personal hygiene e.g:
*Take your bath everyday.
*Brush your teeth twice daily.
*Trim your nails or file them.
*Shave the hair of your public area e.g armpit.
*Wash your cloths and under ware after wearing them.
*Don’t wear wrinkled clothes. Apart from the fact that when you iron your cloth it makes you look more tidy, it increases the durability of your cloth.
*Use deodorant and perfumes. It helps you smell nice most especially after perspiring.
*Wash your hair regularly.
*Don’t keep a particular style of hair for too long. When you notice that your hair is getting rough lose it, wash it and make another one.
* Make styles that fit your face shape. If you aren’t sure ask a trusted hair dresser.These things might seem minute or not important but they go along way to improve your appearance and boost your self confidence.
2. Define your style: Your personality influences your kind of style. Wear only things that will best represent you. Don’t wear a cloth because it is in vogue wear it because It represents who you are and you are comfortable in it. Wear something that brings out your true self. You are the best of your kind. Don’t let people decide what the best version of you looks like. You define You.
3. Figure out your body type: Your body type is a cumulative product of your skeletal structure and the quantity and distribution of muscle and fat in your body. Women have four main body types. They are:
a. Apple body type:The weight of this body type accumulates above the hips, which are narrow. The back, ribs and shoulders are broad and if this is your body type you may feel wider than other body types. Your best body feature is your legs.
b. Rectangular body type: the waist measurement is less than nine inches smaller than hips and bust measurement. Body fat is distributed predominantly in the abdomen, buttocks,chest and face. This overall fat distribution creates the typical ruler (straight) shape. The best body feature of this body type is the slender legs and arms.
c. Pear body type: The lower body is wider than the upper body. The best feature of this body type is the shoulders and flat stomach.
d. Hour glass body type: The shoulders and hips are similar in proportion and set off by a tiny waist. The best feature of this body type is the curves.
Identifying your body type will help you to know what will work for you and what won’t.
4.Figure out what works best for your body type:
a. Apple body type:
* Go for a V-neck top to create the illusion of a longer torso.
* Wear dresses with an A-line or empire hem. It helps you to create a waist line.
*Do wear belts at the smallest part of your waist. Avoid belts and dresses that pinch at the waist.
*Do conceal tummy bulge by wearing empire tops and dresses.
*Do wear a bra that offers good lift and support.
b. Rectangular body type:
* Wear long jackets to create a lean look.
* Wear tops with collars,ruffles and details to flatter your chest.
* Have fun with colourful skirts and pants feel free to experiment.
* Wear a good bra that will make the most of what you have.
c. Pear body type:
* Try a-line skirts that camouflage wider hips.
* keep hems of skirts and dresses wide to balance the hips.
* Experiment with light- coloured tops and dark-coloured bottoms contrast.
* Look for boat neck tops, square and cowl necklines.
* Try styles with ruffles on top.
* Wear jackets that yhits right above the waist.
* Do go for pointy-toed shoes to elongate your legs.
d. Hour glass body type:
* Wear wrap dresses or A-line cut dresses.
* Wear well fitted dresses.
* Go for high- waisted skirts to show off your hips.
* Do pick thin, light waisted styles and fabrics.
* wear dresses that have a fitted top and hug your waist to avoid adding bulk.
* Wear V-necks or sweetheart necklines to slim down the bust.
* Accessorize with belts so that the naturally smaller waist is showcased.
5. Wear colours that complement your skin tone. Also learn about colours so you can know what colour will match with what colour.
6. Accessorize with watches, sunglasses, ties, necklaces etc but don’t over do it. Remember less is much.
7. Dress for the occasion. Wear only cloth that are appropriate for where you are going to.
8. Don’t neglect your shoes too. They can either make or mar your dressing.
9. Ensure that you have a good standing, sitting and walking posture. It makes you look more attractive. When sitting cross your legs at the knee not at the ankle.
10. Have a good charisma. Carry yourself like the princess you are. See the world as your run-way and walk in it with your head up.
11. Use positive body language when interacting with people e.g make eye contact, smile, etc but don’t over do it.
12. When speaking to people learn to speak audibly enough for everyone to hear what you are saying but avoid shouting. Believe that people need to hear what you have to say.
13. Have a good self-confidence. Know who you are and keep being you. People will be more attracted to you if you are comfortable in your own skin.
There you have it, thirteen tips that will help you improve your appearance. The next time I will be writing to you, I will be writing on K.I.T. -your physical life (health).
Until then, continue to keep your life together.
I love you.
Reference: http://www.sheknows.com and wikihow.com