Have there been times when something happens or is about to happen and your palms get sweaty, your heartbeat increases, your knees begin to knock, and in the bid to hid this, you put up this fake smile on your face because you are SCARED!!! If yes! Then you know what fear is.
A lot of us teenagers deal with fear, ranging from fear of exams to fear of heights, to fear of ending up poor in the future, fear of death, fear of certain animals, the list is endless but you don’t want to continue in fear because it will hinder you from living the life Jesus died for you to have. You might be thinking”okay, how can I stop being afraid?” Here is how:
1. Identify your fear: Your ability to identify what your fear is will help you to overcome it. Knowing what effect your fear as on you will also help you to know how to handle it.
2. Get ready to face it: Running away from your fear won’t help you in anyway. If you want to overcome your fear, one sure way to do it is to face it.Remember your feelings come and go. They are never real. That is why you can be so sure of a thing right now and the next minute you are scared of doing that or you are totally not interested in it again. Do the right thing you have to do no matter how you feel. So I will say “DO THAT THING AFRAID!
3. Switch: Move from negative thought to positive ones. YOUR THOUGHT MAKES YOU. The way you think about something affects how you deal with it. So stop thinking in a negative way. If only you will change the thought you think concerning that thing you will discover that you will be able to overcome your fear for it. Remember YOUR THOUGHT WILL TAKE YOU WHERE YOU WANT TO GO TO.
4. Prepare: I assume now that you’ve made the decision to face your fear so now, you have to prepare for it. Think about ways in which you can be better prepared in facing your fear. Take for example, your fear is public speaking, you will need to understand what you have to speak about so you can be able to pass on a valuable message to your audience. You might even practice in front of your family and friends before speaking on that important platform. So prepare to face your fear. IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN YOU PLAN TO FAIL. Prepare in every way possible. Don’t forget to prepare in the place of prayer to.
God loves to help us in our most vulnerable state because His strength is made perfect in our weakness(1Cor 12 vs 9). He wants to help you. Ask for His help. He will face your fear with you because He cares for you(Ish 41 vs 10-11, Luke 10 vs 19, Prov 3 vs 23-26, Jer 20 vs11, 2 Tim 1vs7).
5. Keep going: if you face your fear once and the end result is not so good or is not what you expected don’t give up. When you fail in something you keep on doing it until that thing yields the result you want. Be persistent and before time you will see the result you want. You’ve not failed if you get up back every time you fall.
In conclusion I will say”FEAR ISN’T REAL UNTIL YOU MAKE IT SO.”